CIELAP’s September 2006 Knowledge Cluster invites you to help us direct our thoughts on some of the emerging urban water management issues. The focus of discussion will be on municipal water supply in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), especially, on the following areas:
What is the status of water and wastewater infrastructure?
- What needs to be done to replace the aging infrastructure?
- Who are the major stakeholders?
- What are the policies/legal frameworks in place to address the problem?
- What are the primary funding sources to replace old infrastructure?
- What is the role of public education in conservation as well in making the public aware about the critical situation?
Romila Verma, Research Associate, will facilitate this brainstorming workshop.
Please RSVP Carolyn at email@example.com or 416-923-3529 ext.26 if you are planning to attend. This meeting will be held at the CIELAP office - 130 Spadina Ave. Suite 305.